Saturday, December 17, 2011

Eat, Pray, and....Shop? Pt. 2

Arggghhh..sorry for the delay in posting this, got lazy busy for the past few days. So now that it's weekend, everything kind of winds down a bit, finally I got a chance to post the second part of my Thanksgiving weekend recap =)

That Saturday my family and I went to Lancaster. Main reasons going there were to see the Sight & Sound Theater production "Miracle of Christmas" and the infamous smorgasbord buffet --yumminess =p, but we got there early so we went to Tanger outlet and spent couple hours there before heading to the show which started at 4:15pm.

The venue was beautiful! huge...parking lot..very well organized, unlike *cough..cough Old Navy..cough experience..


The show itself was really good. This was my first time going to a pro musical/theater production so I really had nothing to compare it to, but storytelling and acting-wise, it was definitely not disappointing. Those beautiful voices, oh I promised myself, next time I go to NY I would def have to see a Broadway show lol. The costume and stage display were very impressive. I particularly love the breathtaking night sky setting above the audience seating. The high ceiling was pitch black and decked with millions of tiny lights scattered all over. Too bad pictures or video recording were not allowed inside the auditorium =(

This restriction discouraged me to bring an actual camera during this trip (I should have) but I managed to take some photos before the show using my Ipod.

The Lion, The Lamb, and The Rock --ring a bell, anyone?

They also have this mini replica of sheepfold with actual living animals! I forgot to take  picture of the donkey =(

Inside the lobby area
Goliath


One thing that really hit me during the show was the story of the 3 wise men. These kings came from afar, embarking on a journey for days to find someone they haven't even seen or known for sure, depending solely on the promise of finding the Truth, a hope for a savior that guided their way, no matter what sacrifices they had to make. That's what I call blind faith! Sadly, many of us have lost that kind of faith nowadays in the midst of trial and turbulence that we face everyday. It was a friendly reminder for me to find that child-like faith again to keep me going in my own journey, until I see Him face to face  =)

Finally, we ended the night with a full stomach...buffet was awesome.Hugeeeee place with tons of food. I was a happy girl =D

Thank you. Merci. Terima Kasih. Gracias. .......

Until next time <3




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio